Apple cider vinegar is well known for its positive properties, but there are always more research getting done and there are always more properties getting discovered. We’re about to introduce you to a few more than the ones you might already know:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar Lowers Blood Sugar
Apple cider vinegar has been many times proven to have numerous benefits for managing blood sugar levels:
- It betters insulin sensitivity during a high-carb meal and significantly insulin responses and lowers blood glucose.
- Reduces blood sugar by unbelievable 34% when eating 50 grams of white bread.
- Various other studies have show that apple cider vinegar can increase insulin sensitivity and significantly lower blood sugar responses during meals.
Stable blood sugar levels throughout the day will allow your body to be in fat burning mode longer, which means your metabolism will speed up.
2. Improved Iron Absorption
Low stomach acid is linked with heartburn – that sometimes can get severe – but other than that, it also reduces your body’s ability to absorb essential nutrients. One example is that foods rich in iron need to be exposed to stomach acid in order to be absorbed. Iron is a necessary component of hemoglobin and myoglobin, which carry oxygen to cells in your body.
3. Suppresses Appetite
Are you struggling to lose weight? Trust me, you’re not alone.
But apple cider vinegar can help.
Many studies have shown that drinking apple cider vinegar before a meal lowers the amount of total calories eaten during a day by as much as 200-275 calories.
There’s also another study they conveyed that showed that “daily apple cider vinegar consumption led to reduced belly fat.”
This particular study was done over the course of 12 weeks and these are the results:
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar before a meal: Lost 2.6 pounds
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before a meal: Lost 3.7 pounds
To experience these apple cider vinegar benefits, simply mix 1-2 tablespoons with a cup of water and drink it before each meal. It’s as simple as that.