Having a dirty oven is one of the most annoying things that can happen in any household. Now if you’ve had to clean it, I bet you know how hard it can be, especially if you’re trying to do it the wrong way. Well, lucky for you, there’s an easier way to clean your oven without having to breathe in all the chemicals from all the cleaning products you’ve bought for that purpose. There’s a simple recipe with baking soda and some vinegar that’s going to clean it better than any cleaning products, and at the same time, it’s not dangerous for you or your loved ones at home.Sources:
- Baking soda
- Rubber gloves
- Damp dish cloth
- Plastic or silicone spatula
- Spray bottle
- White vinegar
And let’s get going:
- Empty the oven:Remove even the oven racks
- Make a baking soda paste:In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with 5 tbsp of water or until you get a spreadable paste
- Coat your oven:Spread the paste all over the interior surfaces of your oven. Use gloves to protect your hands
- Let it sit overnight:Allow the baking soda mixture to rest for at least 12 hours, but it’s best to leave it overnight.
- Clean your oven racks:While you’re waiting, clean your oven racks. You can use the same paste, or even plain vinegar will work
- Wipe out the oven:After 12 hours or overnight, take a damp dish cloth or a sponge and wipe out as much of the dried baking soda paste as you can
- Spray a little vinegar:Spray some vinegar everywhere you still see baking soda residue in your oven. The vinegar will react with the baking soda and gently foam.
- Do a final wipe-down:Take a towel or a damp sponge and wipe out the remaining foamy vinegar-baking soda mixture.